map              

pátek 22. listopadu 2013

Screwed!



This beauty is my newest creation. I made two of these clutches for my sister and her friend :) I was really looking forward to making it for more than a month, I was just waiting for those spikes to arrive as I ordered them from China on ebay... I also took pictures of the studding process ... The sewing I suppose you can figure out on your own ;)

First I cut out the leatherette piece for the body of the bag, than I drew a frame on it with seam allowances and a smaller frame with marked stud positions just to make it perfectly centered. Also it worked out quite nicely, as the frame was split exactly into 1,5 cm pieces - stud positions means i didn't have to do any math to even them out :) 

I made all holes with this hole punch thingy :) and you can see the first screw in there...


I always pushed more screws through, because if I was working one by one, all the flipping would probably make me flip :D also, because I added glue on every screw to make sure they stay on, as the spikes would be enclosed in the lining and if any of them falls off I'd have to take it all apart...


 One is with silver and one with gold spikes, as they wished. The lining they wanted black, but when I saw this hot pink cotton I couldn't resist and my sister said she loves it so I'm happy I went with my feeling. There is also a small pink pocket for ID and money :) 
I'm just sad I didn't order more of those spikes because I really need to stud everything I own :) too bad I have to wait for another month ...






Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat